Box is a lot more than just file storage, syncing and sharing. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. Our product offers many features to companies that enable them to trust Box with their most sensitive content and make them productive within and outside their organization. This is where Box thrives and what differentiates us from competition. This team specifically we aim to delight our customers by building simple, but scalable solutions, allowing them to meet their enterprise management, user, and groups policy mandates on Box content. We are looking for people to join our team to work closely with our product and other engineering teams to define the future of our enterprise management offering and its architecture.
Why the team needs you
The Box Enterprise Management feature set, much like the rest of the Box Enterprise Platform, offers a broad spectrum of technical challenges due to the scale of users, files (and file versions), and company size, in addition to the broad spectrum of use cases we aim to support. We are excited about architecting at scale and passionate about defining the future of our platform.
This team is responsible for capabilities that help administrators connect content with their organizations and promote collaboration within the Box product
- Enterprise Management empower customers to easily roll out and configure products and feature capabilities, customize and brand their Box implementation, and configure how we bundle/offer new capabilities to customers
- User Management define both internal and external users and define personalization settings to further tailor an engaging experience
- Groups Management define groups of collaborators along with the abilities to manage the right roles and permissions that work with your organizations' policies
In addition to working on the above capabilities, the team is currently working on some interesting scalability challenges and opportunities that can be addressed with the latest state of the art tools and technologies.
Why Box needs you
As a technical and inspiring leader, you will work across organizational and team boundaries in order to drive decisions that align with the future architecture, product, and business goals. You will lead significant technology initiatives from inception to successful deployment, across multiple layers of architecture. We'll look for you to provide perspective on leading industry trends, recommendations on new and new technologies, thought leadership on code quality, and engineering process improvements. Additionally, you will innovate alongside other senior members of our staff in our road to excellence.
Why you need Box
The Box engineering team provides an unusual combination of technical challenges around scale and robustness. As part of the Box Enterprise Management team, you will be an influencer for the product and technical vision as well as enabling all Box products to be more engaging to users and provide more revenue for Box. Additionally, you will have a chance to create new services and work on integrations with existing systems we have at Box.
What you'll be responsible for
- You'll provide technical leadership for a growing team of developers and and the future of our domainplatform
- You'll be a key contributor to the technical roadmap of the Enterprise Management and Enterprise teams
- You'll drive and contribute to the design and implementation of features related enterprise management, users, and groups
- You'll be a disruptive catalyst for the improvement of our team's processes and execution methods
- You'll coach and mentor other engineers and teams
- You'll collaborate with others senior engineers across our organization to define our technical strategy for Box application
Who you are
- You have minimum 7+ years of experience as a software engineer with experience in service oriented architectures and distributed systems.
- You have pragmatic experience decomposing monolithic applications into service oriented architectures
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- Academic background in computer science or a related field.
- 10+ years experience executing in projects involving service oriented architectures & distributed systems
- You have been a technical lead or an architect in the past for a team of at least 4+ engineers
- You are able to influence other teams to align with your technical and product vision
- You’ve played with the Box APIs or you’ve developed your own APIs.
- You have some experience building Node.js and/or Java services.