Staff Software Engineer, Data
Our mission: Build the next-generation big data platform to enable analytics and experimentation that product, marketing, sales & the rest of the engineering at Box can use. Are you passionate about data and analytics? Are you interested in scalability & distributed systems? Do you want to work on projects that have direct business and revenue impact? If you had answered affirmatively to the questions above, Data Engineering is the right team for you. The primary responsibility of a Staff Software Engineer on this team will be (not limited to) architecting and implementing scalable end-to-end analytics and experimentation solutions to help drive business & product decisions.
- Build easy-to-use, agile, scalable & performant analytics products to track user actions and run A/B tests
- Research, design and develop a brand new microservices data platform leveraging latest cloud technologies that serves metrics & insights from multiple in-house data sources consists of transaction, clickstream and site data to power visualization, reports, alerts, diagnostics and opportunities for the business to capitalize on
- Research, design and develop a brand new microservices experimentation platform that enables A/B test execution across web, mobile & desktop applications
- Help define standards for data instrumentation and collection
- Work closely with product management and business analytics teams to understand their requirement
- Work with feature teams to create a scalable physical data model for very large data sets across diverse data sources (MySQL, Hadoop, NoSQL, etc. )
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other team members
- Collaborate, influence and drive for improvement across scrum teams
- Strong knowledge of algorithms, data structures, object oriented programming, service oriented architecture and distributed systems
- Fluent in Java, Scala, C# or C++
- Demonstrated expertise in building or using analytics and experimentation solutions (instrumentation, data collection & analysis, A/B test authoring & reporting)
- Experience with Hadoop, Hive, Spark or other MapReduce solutions desired
- Knowledge of a cloud platform like Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure preferred
- Knowledge of statistics or machine learning a plus
- Experience with web UI or mobile application development a plus
- 8+ years professional work experience
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Meet Some of Box's Employees
Outbound Business Representative
Ryan works with federal, state, and local government agencies to help them integrate Box’s secure storage system so that they can more efficiently achieve their goals.
Back to top