Our rapid growth challenges us to continuously rethink, improve and innovate our Core architecture. Managing billions of files, allowing millions of people to collaborate, and building a platform to support other developers - isn't this an engineer's dream challenge?
We have a unique opportunity to architect and design the Core services and infrastructure that power Box. We are transitioning the organization to a service oriented architecture and currently designing components like the API gateway, services frameworks, inter service queues, etc. to help build feature services at scale. Services built on the framework should work across various platforms (Scala, Java, Node, PHP).
The project has enormous impact on the future of Box platform and has a wide scope - all the way from designing a scalable services platform to re-architecting the data models in our code base. We are looking for big thinkers and innovators to take on this problem space and deliver world class solutions. We are a small, passionate team that thinks big and is not afraid of huge, gnarly problems. If these challenges excite you, come join us.
- Make key technical implementation decisions and help guide engineering vision at Box
- Develop frameworks, services and the necessary tooling to help other engineers build on top
- Evangelize good code and solid engineering practices
- Collaborate with senior members of the team to define our service oriented architecture
- Develop high quality code
- 8+ years of professional software development experience
- Demonstrated expertise in designing and building world class software
- Strong knowledge of software design principles
- Experience with object oriented codebases, and the ability to learn them quickly
- Experience building scalable, highly-available service oriented architectures.
- Experience in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment.
Find out about our engineering team:
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.