Staff Software Engineer, Cloud Platform
Our Mission: make Box developers as effective as possible to develop, ship and manage their services. What used to take six months to launch a service is now less than a week
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to build Box's Platform as a Service (PaaS) layer. Our team owns scheduling, service authentication and authorization, service discovery, load balancing, monitoring, and more. We are working with modern containerization technologies like Docker and Kubernetes to build the next generation of our infrastructure to support all services in our datacenters and other clouds.
- You'll architect and implement new components of our service platform
- You'll work with cutting-edge technologies that are defining the future of the cloud
- You'll collaborate with other engineers on the team to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- As a senior member of the team, you'll use both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion
- You'll collaborate, influence and drive for improvement across scrum teams
- You love building distributed, client/server systems, especially in the web application space
- You are passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You are able to inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching more junior engineers
- 8+ years of experience
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access andmanage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Back to top