Staff Software Engineer, Cloud I/O
As an engineer on the Cloud I/O team, you will join a fast-paced core team that works together to architect and build services and APIs that power Box file storage and transfer platform. You will work cross-functionally to lead the design and implementation of components that power moving user files in and out of Box storage systems in a future-proof way. Past projects the team has delivered include optimizing file transfers on global network and implementing a backend for our real-time collaborative editor.
- You'll architect and implement new upload, download and encryption services
- You'll build globally distributed storage systems at the petabyte scale
- You'll collaborate with other engineers on the team to foster solid engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- As a senior member of the team, you'll use both technical and relational skills to lead large scale projects to completion
- You'll collaborate, influence and drive for improvement across scrum teams
- You love building distributed, client/server systems, especially in the web application space
- You are passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You are able to inspire other people to work with you, and you enjoy mentoring and coaching more junior engineers
- You have good understanding of the network stack, TCP/IP and HTTP protocol
- 8+ years of experience
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Meet Some of Box's Employees
Field Customer Success Manager
Christian works with Box customers post-implementation to ensure they’re successful with their new software—and help them best use the services they subscribe to.
Back to top