Staff Network Engineer
Box is hiring a Staff Network Engineer who brings solid networking experience with an enthusiasm for automation. We're looking for someone who is excited to dive into new projects, who loves fixing problems and working in a strong collaborate culture. The production network team provides continuous delivery of services to Box customers all around the globe. Working closely with security, data center and the corporate networking team, you’ll focus on deploying and supporting the infrastructure of a rapidly growing cloud platform provider.
- Analyze business requirement and develop technical network solutions
- Perform network capacity planning and utilization analysis
- Collaborate with other team members and groups to identify and develop scalable network designs, solutions and policy recommendations.
- Ensure continued smooth operation of the global network infrastructure
- Own projects, gathering requirements, specifications and project scope
- Troubleshoot day to day operational issues and escalations
- Develop and document network operations and monitoring processes and procedures
- Implement network security and compliance per the company policy
- Research and test new network technologies
- Participate in on-call rotation
- 7+ years demonstrated success working in large scale data center or service provider network environment (ISP or Data Center provider experience a plus)
- Deep and substantial configuration experience with routing and switching devices (Arista / Cisco / Juniper).
- Understanding of BGP peering relationships
- Thorough understanding of the different network design patterns (3 tier vs leaf-spine)
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and OSI Model fundamentals
- Comprehensive hands on experience deploying and troubleshooting BGP, ISIS and OSPF
- Experience deploying and managing Firewalls (Cisco, Palo Alto Networks) and troubleshooting VPN tunnels (IPSec and GRE)
- Good understanding of Linux (grep, ifconfig, sed, tcpdump, ethtool) and shell script
- Relevant experience with network management tools and utilities (Nagios, Cacti, LibreNMS, etc)
- Strong analytical, design, engineering, planning and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and reporting skills
- B.S. in a technical field or equivalent
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience providing network services in a virtualized server environment
- OpenStack Networking Experience (or production experience managing network for a virtualized environment) - Neutron configuration
- Automation (a huge plus): Python, Ansible and/or Puppet
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Back to top