Sr./Staff+ Capacity Engineer
Solve challenging infrastructure, application performance, and scalability issues for one of the fastest growing Enterprise companies. At Box we are proud to serve more than 41 million users across 54,000 businesses, including 55% of the Fortune 500.
As a Capacity/Performance Engineer, you will be responsible for managing infrastructure capacity and working closely with developers to ensure reliability, scalability, performance, and efficiency of Box’s infrastructure. You will have the opportunity to develop a capacity and performance framework from the ground up to manage both cloud and non-cloud infrastructure.
If you are passionate about working on technologies and design approaches that are disruptive to incumbent Enterprise players, leveraging Open Source, tooling & automation, and agile concepts, and are interested in opportunities to work at a hyper-scale company, we have just the job for you.
- Build automation capabilities in Capacity & Performance analytics, Capacity as a Service framework, and data collection with large data.
- Help scale Box’s private cloud and manage capacity in both private and public clouds.
- Prepare and maintain capacity forecast, evaluate and optimize project requests.
- Proactively engage in site-wide applications performance analysis to identify potential performance bottlenecks and optimization opportunities.
- Work with application teams to optimize applications’ performance and scalability to improve efficiency.
- Work with operations architect team in architecting infrastructure solutions to achieve infrastructure efficiency.
- Evaluate and benchmark new technologies for improved efficiency and cost savings.
- Work with the Fulfillment/Logistics and Supply Chain teams to ensure capacity purchases are properly planned to meet demands and timeline.
- Strong experience with large scale Infrastructure, distributed systems, and application performance
- Comfortable with working in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment
- Advanced trouble-shooting skills for capacity/performance issues with incomplete data.
- Advanced knowledge about business continuity concepts and strategies.
- Experience with Openstack, statistical modeling, and IT cost modeling preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in infrastructure and performance
Back to top