Sr. Tools Engineer
Things are always moving quickly at Box, from selling internationally to expanding the global footprint of our data centers. We've grown from a 60 person company in 2010 to a global company with more than a thousand employees in 2015. Despite that rapid growth, we haven't lost sight of what makes us successful: our employees & the culture they bring to the office, every day. Our industry is continuing to expand and so is our market potential.
Keeping up with rapid customer growth is an ongoing challenge. In the Technical Operations Platform engineering team, our job is to build intelligent and sustainable software to do just that. As a member of the team, you will have the opportunity to work with engineers & managers across the entire Engineering organization. You'll spend your time in designing & automating tools. Create API's, building software frameworks, and digging into the details of how production systems work at scale.
Our team is growing, and we are looking for a software developer with a passion for crafting high quality code.
We are looking for a seasoned engineer to join the team and lead us in building the next generation hybrid cloud infrastructure/platform stack that will address our growing scale and agility demands.
- Contribute to the company's overall cloud infrastructure and platform strategy, with a focus on infrastructure automation
- Lead the team in designing and developing the tooling and abstractions that streamline developer workflows in adoption of cloud infrastructure
- Coach and mentor engineers on the team
- You will participate in, and often drive, architecture decisions for Box's infrastructure
- You will collaborate with coworkers on code design decisions and learn from each other
- You will help define Python code frameworks and ways of working that improve the productivity of the whole engineering org.
- You will continue to expand your knowledge of good design practices and pragmatic programming
- High-performing, action and result-oriented engineer
- Strong coding skills with a passion for writing clean, well tested and maintainable code
- Demonstrated expertise in adoption of cloud infrastructure/platforms like AWS, Azure, etc.
- Demonstrated expertise in building distributed systems
- Passion for learning and adopting new technologies with a focus on finding the right tool for the job
- You have fluency in Python
- 5+ years of experience in a software development/operations role
- Unix/Linux system troubleshooting knowledge
- Demonstrated ability to learn new programming languages and technologies
- Experience using a process resembling Scrum or Kanban in a development team
- 4 year degree in Computer Science / Engineering or a related field or commensurate training
- Exposure to Linux containers (LXC) and related technologies (Docker, rkt, etc.)
- Exposure to private cloud platforms like OpenStack
Back to top