Sr. Staff Software Engineer, Core Frameworks
Our rapid growth challenges us to continuously rethink, improve and innovate our platform architecture. Managing billions of files, allowing millions of people to collaborate, and building a platform to support other developers - isn't this an engineer's dream challenge?
We have a unique opportunity to architect and design the Core services that power Box. We are transitioning to a platform architecture, built on services and APIs, and designing frameworks and architectural components to improve engineering productivity and enable our teams to build scalable and highly available services. Our frameworks and common components will help engineers rapidly test and build services, and provide seamless integration between other services, our caching layer and our distributed backend storage. The framework is also essential to build the platform API architecture (gateway, routing, batching, etc.).
This role will have a significant impact on the future of the Box platform and influence work of hundreds of engineers. It has a wide scope - all the way from designing a scalable services platform to re-architecting the foundational pieces of our code base. We are looking for big thinkers and innovators to take on this problem space and deliver world class solutions. We are a passionate team that thinks big and is not afraid of challenging problems. If these challenges excite you, come join us.
- You will work across organizational and team boundaries to drive decisions that align with the future architecture, product and business goals.
- You will lead significant technology transformations end-to-end and help guide the architectural vision at Box.
- You will develop frameworks, architectural components and the necessary tooling to help other engineers build scalable, HA services.
- You will provide thought leadership and evangelize good code quality and solid engineering process improvements.
- You will collaborate with senior engineers and managers in the organization to enable moving to a service oriented architecture.
- 12+ years of software development experience.
- Demonstrated experience in collaborating with senior engineering leaders across organizations and disciplines.
- Significant experience defining a service-oriented architecture for complex business domains, and understanding of the technical and business objectives achieved through an API driven platform architecture.
- Experience with REST APIs, and supporting protocols, standards and common patterns (e.g. bulk/batch APIs, versioning, idempotency, query structure, partial updates, etc.).
- Experience with horizontal scalability and availability strategies and supporting technologies for services (statelessness, inter-service communication, asynchronous integration approaches etc.).
- Experience with common Java service framework technologies - web containers, JAX-RS implementations, dependency management tools, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and building frameworks and infrastructure components.
- Experience in a fast paced, highly collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated experience in a Saas engineering environment.
Find out about our engineering team
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Back to top