Box is building a collaboration platform that powers hundreds of thousands of companies around the world. We make it easy to share content, build workflows, edit collaboratively, and much, much more.
At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value team members who are life-long learners, passionate about continuous improvement for themselves and for the team around them.
As a Senior Front-End Engineer on our Web Experience team, you'll join a highly collaborative scrum team building a wide variety of web experiences on top of our platform. You'll drive architectural, product and technological decisions for user-facing features like workflow tools, reporting consoles, embeddable HTML widgets, onboarding flows, and app galleries. And the work you'll do will directly impact the experience of our 40 million+ users!
Help us reimagine the future of content!
Within 1 month, you'll...
· Make your first change to production (week one).
· Ramp up on the product and learn about the business needs of the team.
· Become familiar with the front-end codebase and stack (PHP, React, HTML, CSS).
· Work with your manager to set actionable career goals.
Within 3 months, you'll...
· Build and deploy your first major production feature.
· Help the team improve our agile development process.
· Have a deep understanding of the business goals behind the team's efforts.
· Help the team find and hire more great engineers who are lovely to work with.
Within 6 months, you'll...
· Own major feature areas of the application.
· Be a trusted and influential voice beyond the team, communicating effectively with peer engineering groups as well as cross-functional peers in product, QA, design and beyond.
· Be responsible for the planning, scoping, estimation, technical design, and implementation of new features.
· Teach and mentor new engineers.
Within 12 months, you'll...
· Make significant contributions to engineering across Box by advancing our front-end standards, inventing new patterns or approaches, or introducing tools and technology to make our front-end teams more effective.
· Make significant strides toward the next step in your career.