Sr. Software Engineer, Runtime
Our mission is to build Box's next generation runtime platform, enabling engineers to leverage the latest functionality. We are an exciting team pushing the envelope, building tools and expanding our infrastructure to support over 300 engineers. We have a passion for high quality code and are driven to create a highly resilient and scalable infrastructure. We use various solving techniques, collaboration building strategies, process control and continuous process improvement tools to identify forms of waste in our infrastructure.
Why the team needs you
We need you to champion ideas to improve the PHP runtime and resolving inefficiencies within our infrastructure to improve the productivity of the developers at Box. As part of this team, you can be creative and autonomous and provide technical leadership, mentorship and drive technological impact. You will work with engineering teams across Box and get creative with fixing their problems. You will research Box's PHP infrastructure and champion effective solutions. You'll get to take on challenges around user experience, scale, security and analytics.
Why box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the ideally positioned company to help enterprises transform how people collaborate together. We want to make sure that the developers at Box have the best tools possible to drive that transformation. That's where you come in!
Why you need box
You will have the chance to collaborate with, learn from a strong group of accomplished engineers. You'll have visibility and impact on a critical area of Box's growth. You'll be exposed to and will be part of design, planning and monitoring of the full stack of our PHP runtime offerings.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- You have 2+ years of experience with server side languages (Python / Java / C /C++ )
- You have a track record of architecting distributed systems and scalable services
- You have experienced coding, design, and architecture skills
- You have a passion for writing clean, well tested and maintainable code
- You have experience with leading projects and mentoring engineers on the team
- You have experience in cloud technologies
And these skills won't hurt either
- Previous contributions to Open Source projects
- Experience with Jenkins, Kubenetes and Docker
- Experience with HHVM and PHP extensions
- Unix/Linux system knowledge
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery systems
- Exposure to private cloud platforms like OpenStack
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Back to top