Sr. Software Engineer, Productivity Engineering
Our mission is to build Box's next generation self-serve delivery platform, enabling engineers to rapidly build technology. We are a tight-knit team, building tools to increase developer productivity across Box, and supporting over 300 engineers. We have an Open Source DNA (ClusterRunner), passion for high quality code, and are driven to create a highly productive developer experience. We seek out inefficiencies in developer experience and build solutions to optimize for long term developer productivity. We use various solving techniques, collaboration building strategies, process control and continuous process improvement tools to identify forms of waste in a developer’s processes.
Why the team needs you
We need you to champion ideas to improve the productivity of the developers at Box. You will get to be creative, autonomous and give back to the open source community. As part of this team, you can provide technical leadership, mentorship and drive technological impact in a small team. You will work with engineering teams across Box and get creative with fixing their problems. You will research Box's continuous integration requirements and design, and champion effective solutions for a variety of technologies. You'll get to take on challenges around user experience, scale, security, analytics and cross-platform portability.
Why box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the ideally positioned company to help enterprises transform how people collaborate together. We want to make sure that the developers at Box have the best tools possible to drive that transformation. That's where you come in!
Why you need box
You will have the chance to collaborate with, learn from, and mentor a strong group of accomplished engineers. You'll have visibility and impact on a critical area of Box's growth. You'll be exposed to and will be part of design, planning, and monitoring of the full stack of our Productivity Engineering applications.
Who you are
- You have 8+ years of experience as a software engineer
- You have a track record of architecting distributed systems and scalable services
- You have experienced coding, design, and architecture skills
- You have a passion for writing clean, well tested and maintainable code
- You are an authority in one of C/C++, Java, Python or Go
- You have experience with leading project teams and mentoring engineers on the team
- You have experience in cloud technologies
And these skills won't hurt either
- Previous contributions to Open Source projects
- Unix/Linux system knowledge
- Exposure to Linux containers (LXC) and related technologies (Docker, rkt, etc.)
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery systems
- Exposure to private cloud platforms like OpenStack
Back to top