At Box, SWAT's mission in life is to be the "guardians of production stability" of our product from an engineering perspective. One necessary aspect of this is safe, secure, and robust administrative access and operation within the Box product. Production Tools, one of the teams on SWAT, focuses on building the frameworks that enable this access, as well as the development and maintenance of the critical tools and endpoints used throughout the company.
We are a team that enjoys solving hard problems and has a real passion for learning. We do this while maintaining some of the most critical systems in use across all of Box. Obviously, the spotlight shines brightly. Does this sound exciting? We believe so and hope that you do, too!
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, we are the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We do so by building a robust and stable system at scale. But even the most robust systems require administrative tools for day-to-day operations. These tools are used across all major functions within Box, including Customer Success, Legal, Compliance, Security, Sales, Finance, and, of course, Engineering. And this is where Production Tools brings value to Box.
Why you need Box
The Production Tools team affords you an excellent opportunity to learn and grow across multiple dimensions. We have the rare opportunity to be generalists of Box's products and technologies, and so will you. You will be in a position to impact not only the architecture of Production Tools, but the architecture throughout Box. In addition, you will partner with individuals and teams throughout Box to enable their administrative use cases.
Who you are
- You have a passion for learning. This is vital for growth in such a broad and dynamic role.
- You are able to clearly communicate complex problems and technical concepts to both engineers and non-engineers and can break down complex requirements into steps.
- Interested in building products driven by business processes.
- Experience building scalable, enterprise grade systems web-based applications with good understanding of web technologies (Apache, HTTP, REST, Ajax).
- Experience working in a Unix environment.
- Ability to write quality, testable, maintainable, and well-documented code.