Sr. Software Engineer, Messaging
- You'll architect and implement distributed messaging services capable of processing billions of messages per day
- You'll build distributed job management systems to guarantee reliable execution of tasks critical to Box
- You'll collaborate with other engineers on the team to foster healthy engineering principles and represent our engineering values
- You'll have the opportunity to collaborate with internal customers from other engineering teams to understand their use-cases and product requirements
- As a senior member of the team, you'll use both technical and relational skills to lead large-scale projects to completion
- Experience with messaging systems (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.) and NoSQL databases (HBase, Cassandra, BigTable, etc.)
- Experience coding in Java or Scala
- Passion for building distributed systems in an asynchronous problem space
- You strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You take ownership of your work
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching more junior engineers. You like being part of a team, and want to inspire others to work with you.
- 5+ years work experience
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Meet Some of Box's Employees
Outbound Business Representative
Ryan works with federal, state, and local government agencies to help them integrate Box’s secure storage system so that they can more efficiently achieve their goals.
Back to top