Every customer browses what they have saved and wants to see a preview of each item without having to download and open it locally. That is the most used functionality in Box—showing a rich preview of content. The people that build and maintain this magic are the Platform Content Preview Engineering team. And we want you to help us take the experience to a whole new level.
Do these sound familiar...
- ...with 5+ years of experience
- ...and you are used to crafting beautiful, scalable, and reactive components
- ...for desktop and mobile web?
Are you fanatical about great code, and...
- You stay up at night trying the latest technologies such as React and Angular?
- ...you read the ECMAScript org notes and revel in how you will be able to delete huge code blocks once you move to their latest concepts?
- ...you make to-do lists about how the next code you write will solve even bigger customer issues?
...then your next career success is awaiting you here at Box. All that is left is for you to come and proclaim, "Challenge Accepted!"
At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value team members who are life-long learners, passionate about continuous improvement for themselves and for the team around them.
We put the employee-first at Box. We know the formula to delight our customers starts with epic features designed by employees that Box constantly shows are our #1 asset—through a dynamic work environment filled with smart colleagues, modern perks, and additional social activities to encourage everyone to have fun while we do great work.
Our group is a highly collaborative scrum team that directly impacts the experience of 40+ million users. As an Engineer here, you'll impact everything about the way we work, leading projects, making major technology decisions, mentoring other engineers, setting a high bar for excellence, and helping to maintain a supportive and fun team atmosphere.
You'll have the opportunity to own projects and drive architectural, technological, and even product decisions. Help us 10x Box to enhance every piece of Content in the world!
- You have 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- You understand much of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching)
- You have an academic background in computer science, a related field, or the equivalent.
Nice to have:
- You contribute to developer communities like StackOverflow and GitHub.
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities.
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To immerse yourself in the awesome things that can be built on the Box Platform, visit developer.box.com.