Sr. Software Engineer, iOS
At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value engineers who are life-long learners, passionate about continuous improvement for themselves, their teams, and their products.
Box is building a collaboration platform that powers hundreds of thousands of companies around the world. We make it easy to share content, build workflows, edit collaboratively, and much more. We are creating a consumer-centric user experience for the enterprise and want you to be a part of this transformation.
As a Senior iOS Software Engineer, you will join a highly collaborative scrum team building a wide variety of mobile experiences on top of our mature SDKs. Our iOS engineering team owns best-in-class cloud content management applications transforming a traditional workforce to be truly mobile. You will drive architectural, product and technology decisions for front-end features designed to drive engagement and growth across our diverse user base. You can help us reimagine the future of content!
Within 1 month, you will...
- Make your first change to production (week one).
- Ramp up on the product and learn about the business needs of the team.
- Become familiar with the iOS codebase (Objective-C, Swift) and technology stack.
- Work with your manager to set actionable career goals.
Within 3 months, you will...
- Build and deploy your first major production feature.
- Help the team improve its agile development process.
- Have a deep understanding of the business goals behind the team's efforts.
- Help the team find and hire more great engineers who are lovely to work with.
Within 6 months, you will...
- Own major feature areas of the application.
- Be a trusted and influential voice beyond the team, communicating effectively with peer engineering groups as well as cross-functional peers in product, QA, design and beyond.
- Be responsible for the planning, scoping, estimation, technical design, and implementation of new features.
- Teach and mentor new engineers.
Within 12 months, you will...
- Make significant contributions to engineering across Box by advancing our front-end standards, inventing new patterns or approaches, or introducing tools and technologies to make our front-end teams more effective.
- Make significant strides toward the next step in your career.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong experience with iOS and Objective-C/Swift programming
- Strong knowledge of software design principles
- Experience with object oriented codebases, and the ability to learn them quickly
- Academic background in Computer Science or a related field
- Project leadership experience
- Ownership of large features or entire iOS apps and/or SDKs
Back to top