Sr. Software Engineer, iOS
- Make your first change to production (week one).
- Ramp up on the product and learn about the business needs of the team.
- Become familiar with the iOS codebase (Objective-C, Swift) and technology stack.
- Work with your manager to set actionable career goals.
- Build and deploy your first major production feature.
- Help the team improve its agile development process.
- Have a deep understanding of the business goals behind the team's efforts.
- Help the team find and hire more great engineers who are lovely to work with.
- Own major feature areas of the application.
- Be a trusted and influential voice beyond the team, communicating effectively with peer engineering groups as well as cross-functional peers in product, QA, design and beyond.
- Be responsible for the planning, scoping, estimation, technical design, and implementation of new features.
- Teach and mentor new engineers.
- Make significant contributions to engineering across Box by advancing our front-end standards, inventing new patterns or approaches, or introducing tools and technologies to make our front-end teams more effective.
- Make significant strides toward the next step in your career.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience
- Strong experience with iOS and Objective-C/Swift programming
- Strong knowledge of software design principles
- Experience with object oriented codebases, and the ability to learn them quickly
- Academic background in Computer Science or a related field
- Project leadership experience
- Ownership of large features or entire iOS apps and/or SDKs
Meet Some of Box's Employees
Outbound Business Representative
Ryan works with federal, state, and local government agencies to help them integrate Box’s secure storage system so that they can more efficiently achieve their goals.
Back to top