Box is growing rapidly, and the world is eager to see how well the company can scale. In order to meet our daring growth goals, it is imperative we build the most efficient online sales system in SaaS. Our ability to execute through the online channel is top of mind for Boxers and Box investors alike.
In this role, you'll be focusing on designing, implementing, and scaling the systems that support the online sales motion. In this role, you'll be engaging with the multi-functional teams across Box to build systems that accommodate complex pricing and discounting requirements, implement complex product interactions, manage account lifecycle and billing, and execute all of Box's most critical revenue generating flows (such as signup and upgrades). By working alongside the online sales business unit, you'll partner to delight Box customers while having a direct impact on Box's top and bottom lines.
Why the teams need you
The current Online Sales Engineering team is packed with motivated and business-savvy engineers who understand how critical our work is to Box. We're paving the way as a leader in SaaS online sales product capabilities, while also ravenously working to pave the way in terms of adopting modern technologies to implement our core systems.
We'd love to add someone who can help with the team's vision as we survey our overall technical architecture. We want to bring in a full-stack software engineer who has developed viewpoints on micro-service based architectures, scalable front-end applications, and draws purpose from making substantial impacts on the business. The team loves to discuss ideas and strategies, so you should be comfortable with explaining and debating technical topics among other specialists.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. We are committed to hitting daring technological and revenue goals. That's where you come in.
Why you need Box
This is your opportunity to provide technical vision and leadership in a space with complex and ever-evolving business requirements. You will be able to easily measure the impact of your work and associate $X millions of additional revenue with your code. Aside from helping to drive the technical vision on the Online Sales team, you'll also be part of the broader discussion of technology initiatives at Box.
Who you are
- You have at least 4 years of professional work experience and you enjoy guiding and mentoring more junior engineers on the team.
- Full-Stack Engineer. Be comfortable designing and developing at all layers of the stack (From UI/UX to DB Schema design to distributed micro-services).
- In the past you have had success with distributed micro-service based applications and you are committed to understanding their best practices.
- We'd like to see relevant experience working closely as a technical liaison with eager business partners.
- Bonus points if you've developed Java Jersey micro-services or developed non-trivial React.js front-end apps.