Our team's mission is to build the world's fastest, most secure and scaleable, collaborative file system. We own the Box File System - the very heart of our product, and the foundation of our platform. Billions of files, hundreds of millions of folders, tens of millions of users and all the ways in which they connect.
Box is rapidly evolving across many fronts - from simplifying and enhancing sharing, to implementing new ways to slice and dice content, to enabling powerful new platform use-cases that stretch us to the limits of our scale. We are a small dedicated team, passionate about building a robust, distributed, scalable platform powering content and collaboration at Box. If this sounds like an exciting challenge to you, come join us.
Why the team needs you
Over the past couple of years, our platform has been growing rapidly, and all the new use-cases we need to scale to support provide a stream of complex engineering challenges. We need someone who's excited about architecting for scale, and passionate about thinking through the myriad of edge cases developing in a large-scale distributed environment.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. As we rapidly build out new capabilities for collaboration, workflow, and intelligence, we need a robust file system that's up for the challenge. That's where you come in.
Why you need Box
You're going to have the unique opportunity to architect, build and scale a distributed web-scale file system. You will work closely with our database infrastructure team to ensure the performance and availability of our service. As a central team in our platform, you will support and enable many engineering teams in building out the next wave of critical product features for Box.
Who you are
- You have experience designing, building, and deploying production quality services
- You love building distributed, client/server systems at large scale
- Bonus points if you have experience leveraging or building high-scale distributed data stores
- Bonus points if you've developed in Java and/or Scala in a production environment
- You are passionate about solving hard problems using data-driven solutions
- You act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
- You have 5+ years of experience