Sr. Software Engineer, APIs
The Platform Ecosystem team is responsible for the front-door experience of external developers. We govern, architect, and build the APIs, SDKs, and Toolkits that enable external developers to quickly create rich and powerful enterprise solutions on the Box Platform. We work in an a rapidly iterative environment where we ship new code every day.
As a Senior Engineer, you will be helping to develop architectural guidelines and testing strategy for our APIs and SDKs, and implementing solutions that solve the problems of our external developers. You will also have the opportunity to partner with engineering and product leaders across Box to be an advocate for external developers building on the Box Platform.
Box is building a content, collaboration, and workflow platform which hundreds of thousands of companies and developers are using to power their own businesses. We aim to help our customers, strategic partners, and developers build transformative applications using this platform that makes it easy to share content, connect content to workflows, preview content in countless formats, audit access control to this content, and much, much more.
Help us reimagine the future of content!
- You have designed, built, and maintained REST APIs for use in production.
- You understand RESTful concepts such as batching, versioning, and idempotency.
- You have contributed to SDKs and have fluency with one or more of: Java, C#/.Net, Node, Python, Objective-C
- You have an academic background in Computer Science or a related field.
- You have at least 5+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- You have played with the Box APIs and SDKs.
- You have contributed to open source projects.
- You contribute to developer communities such as Stack Overflow or GitHub.
Want to learn more?
- Open Source Projects: https://opensource.box.com
- Tech Blog: https://tech.blog.box.com
- Developer Platform: https://developers.box.com/
Back to top