The Platform Ecosystem team is responsible for the front-door experience of external developers. We govern, architect, and build the APIs, SDKs, and Toolkits that enable external developers to quickly create rich and powerful enterprise solutions on the Box Platform. We work in an a rapidly iterative environment where we ship new code every day
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be a technical leader on our team. In addition to developing architectural guidelines and testing strategy for our APIs and SDKs, and implementing solutions that solve the problem of our external developers, we will look for you to coach engineers, drive agreement, and get things built. You will also have the opportunity to partner with engineering and product leaders across Box to be an advocate for external developers building on the Box Platform.
Box is building a content, collaboration, and workflow platform which hundreds of thousands of companies and developers are using to power their own businesses. We aim to help our customers, strategic partners, and developers build transformative applications using this platform that makes it easy to share content, connect content to workflows, preview content in countless formats, audit access control to this content, and much, much more.
Help us reimagine the future of content!
- You have designed, built, and maintained REST APIs for use in production.
- You can architect RESTful services and understand concepts such as batching, versioning, and idempotency.
- You have built or contributed to SDKs and have fluency with one or more of: Java, C#/.Net, Node, Python.
- You often collaborate with senior engineers and business leaders across organizations and disciplines.
- You have an academic background in Computer Science or a related field.
- You have at least 4+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- You have implemented solutions based on Box APIs and SDKs.
- You have led or contributed to open source projects.
- You contribute to developer communities such as Stack Overflow or GitHub.