Are you passionate about Developers? Do you enjoy building systems that improve the lives of other developers? If so, you are just the person we are looking for!
The Platform Developer Ecosystem Team is responsible for the front-door experience of external developers. We govern, architect, and build the APIs, SDKs, and Toolkits that enable external developers to quickly create rich and powerful enterprise solutions on the Box Platform. We work in a rapidly iterative environment where we ship new code every day.
If you have a strong passion for crafting powerful and flexible APIs, SDKs, and tools that make the development of 3rd party applications easier, we have a great position for you. We're looking for someone who can take our developer experience to the next level. Someone who can dive into all aspects of our developer experience today and deliver impactful improvements that make developers much more productive...and happier!
At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our customers. We value team members who are life-long learners, passionate about continuous improvement for themselves and for the team around them.
We are employee-first at Box. The formula for delighting our customers starts with epic features designed by Boxers who thrive in a unique environment: a dynamic workplace filled with smart colleagues, modern perks, and many social activities that encourage everyone to have fun while doing great work.
Our group is a highly collaborative scrum team that directly impacts the experience of 40+ million users. As an Engineer at Box, you'll impact everything about the way we work, leading projects, making major technology decisions, mentoring other engineers, setting a high bar for excellence, and helping to maintain a supportive and fun team atmosphere.
You'll have the opportunity to own projects and drive architecture, technology stack, and product decisions. Help us 10x Box to enhance every piece of Content in the world!
The fine print
- You have designed, built, and maintained REST APIs for use in production
- You can architect RESTful services and understand concepts such as batching, versioning, and idempotency
- You have built or contributed to SDKs and have fluency with one or more of: Java, C#/.Net, Node, Python
- You have experience working with Open API standards like Swagger
- You often collaborate with senior engineers and business leaders across organizations and disciplines
- You have an academic background in Computer Science or a related field
- You have +4 years of experience as a Software Engineer
- You understand much of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching)
- You have an academic background in computer science, a related field, or the equivalent
Nice to haves
- You have implemented solutions based on Box APIs and SDKs
- You have led or contributed to open source projects
- You contribute to developer communities such as Stack Overflow or GitHub