At Box, we are building products that delight users and transform how they work. Our Desktop products are at the heart of this, providing a native experience for users that makes it seamless to interact with Box content. Box Desktop applications drive the highest engagement with customers and are among the most important in customer retention. We are working to make the full Box cloud - its content, collaboration, and management - available to users with the interactivity and familiarity of their local computer and local applications. Be part of the engineering team that is building the new foundation for Box on the desktop and transforming how people work everyday.
Box is seeking a talented Quality Engineering Lead to drive a team of quality and test engineers in helping to validate and ensure the highest quality deliverables. This position will require you to have deep knowledge and experience with testing and releasing enterprise-class applications. In this role, your work will work on products that reach millions of users and help continue Box's leadership as the web's secure content management and collaboration platform. You'll work closely with a passionate group of engineers who strive to build the most comprehensive, cross-platform, enterprise-class solution to sync, stream, and share content.
WHY THE TEAM NEEDS YOU
The Desktop team is responsible for Box's next generation desktop client application, Box Drive, for Mac and Windows (read about Box Drive here: https://blog.box.com/blog/box-drive-how-we-made-all-box-available-desktop/). We are looking for a QE Lead who can partner with development teams to cultivate a quality culture, some one who can think out of the box in-terms of testing and propose solutions to the challenges they see. The QE lead will also help drive adoption of unit tests, automation, metrics and other Quality initiatives to ensure product robustness.. We want to bring in a lead who is willing to roll up their sleeves and do hands-on testing as well as lead a team of offshore QEs.
WHY BOX NEEDS YOU
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the ideally positioned company to help enterprises transform how people collaborate together. A major part of that transformation will occur on people's desktop machines. That's where you come in!
WHY YOU NEED BOX
You will have the chance to collaborate with, learn from, and mentor a strong group of accomplished engineers. You'll have visibility and impact on a critical area of Box's growth. You'll be exposed to and will be part of design, planning, and monitoring of the full stack of our Box Drive application. Expect to partner with peer QE's and build standard methodologies and tools which will be used by several teams within Box.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have 4+ years experience as a lead or senior QE with strong knowledge of agile test methodologies and agile software release cycles
- You have experience testing native desktop applications on Mac and Windows
- You have strong experience with blackbox, gray box, regression, integration, and ad-hoc testing and problem solving
- You have passion for quality, user experience and end-user facing applications
- You are adaptable and can quickly learn new technologies
- You have excellent attention to detail
- You have strong verbal, written, and great communication skills. You have excellent collaboration and influence skills.
- You can run bug scrubs, maintain bug dashboards and be the voice in maintaining the quality standards
- You can teach and mentor offshore QE team members
- Bonus points if you have expertise in Jira, TestRail, Jenkins and familiarity with Python