Sr. Quality Engineering Lead, Desktop
The Box Desktop Engineering team builds solutions that enable users to discover, manage, view, edit, and collaborate on all of their content from the convenience of their local computer.
Box is seeking a talented Quality Engineering Lead to drive a team of quality and test engineers in helping to validate and ensure the highest quality deliverables of our Desktop products. This position will require you to have deep knowledge and experience with testing and releasing enterprise-class applications. In this role, your work will contribute to products that reach millions of users and help continue Box's leadership as the web's secure content management and collaboration platform. You'll be working closely with a passionate group of engineers who strive to build the most comprehensive, cross-platform, enterprise-class solution to sync, stream, and share content.
The Box Desktop development team is responsible for building the desktop client applications for Mac and Windows, including Box Sync, our real-time, seamless solution for synchronization and sharing of cloud content to the user's machine, and Box Edit, which enables users to easily edit documents directly on Box using the native applications already installed on your computer. We're now working on our next generation experience, built on the Streem technology.
- Partner with development teams to foster a quality culture. Advocate for quality within the engineering and product organizations. Drive adoption of unit tests, automation, metrics and other Quality initiatives to ensure product robustness.
- Oversee and be directly involved in the development and execution of test plans, monitoring, and reporting on test execution to support quality production release.
- Build comprehensive understanding of the team's continuous integration and automation and how that supplements/complements with manual test to ensure comprehensive test coverage and remove quality gaps
- Work closely with engineering to scope test efforts in roadmaps and biweekly sprints
- Champion a strong release engineering discipline to confidently deliver software that is consistent and reproducible
- Oversee and lead a remote QA/QE team to improve processes and efficiency
- Create documentation for systems and processes.
- 4+ years experience as a lead quality engineer, engineering manager, or software quality manager with strong knowledge of test methodologies and software release cycle.
- Experience in an organization with strong release engineering processes, metrics, and monitoring.
- Demonstrated history of a passion for Quality.
- Experience with testing desktop software applications, especially on various versions of Windows and Mac.
- Strong experience with blackbox, regression, integration, and adhoc testing and problem solving.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies and practices.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Excellent collaboration and influence skills.
- Experience working closely with remote teams.
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to GSD (Get "Stuff" Done).
- Background with continuous integration systems and methodologies
- Experience with UI and API automation frameworks
- Passion for user experience and end-user facing applications
- Experience building for enterprise software or business critical systems
- Passion for cloud technologies
- Familiarity and experience/expertise with JIRA
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Back to top