At Box, we strive to promote a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value team members who are life-long learners, passionate about continuous improvement for themselves and for the team around them.
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you'll join a highly collaborative scrum team building a wide variety of web experiences on top of our platform. You'll drive automation test strategy including selecting tools and crafting frameworks needed for high quality releases. And the work you'll do will directly impact the experience of our 40 million+ users!
Help us reimagine the future of content!
Why the team needs you
We are looking for a Senior QE who can partner with development teams to cultivate a quality culture, some one who can think out of the box in-terms of testing and propose solutions to the challenges they see. We want to bring in an engineer who is willing to roll up their sleeves and do hands-on testing as well as lead a team of offshore QEs. As an engineer in the Quality Engineering team, you will join a small, diverse, fast-paced team that's responsible for releasing mobile, desktop and web applications. You will work across teams to lead automation efforts and build frameworks that power critical use cases in a future-proof way.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the ideally positioned company to help enterprises transform how people collaborate together. A major part of that transformation will occur on people's browsers. That's where you come in!
Why you need Box
You will have the chance to collaborate with, learn from, and mentor a strong group of accomplished engineers. You'll have visibility and impact on a critical area of Box's growth. You will be part of design, planning, and monitoring of the full stack of our Box application(s). Expect to partner with peer QE's and build standard methodologies and tools which will be used by several teams within Box.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years experience as a senior QE with experience in automating web applications
- You are seasoned in building automation frameworks from scratch and converting manual test cases to automated tests
- You are experienced in automating and maintaining tests with Selenium and Node.js
- You have experience automating front-end codebase and stack (React, HTML, CSS)
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, whether writing an elegant test plan, explaining technical details to a colleague, or presenting to a room full of engineers.
- You have experience with mobile build/release management platforms like Jenkins or Travis
- You have done automation analysis and release sign-off
- You have worked with Product & Development teams to identify the best strategies for delivering full functional test suites, performance, regression, and smoke tests.
- You have experience working with and mentoring offshore QE teams
- You have a passion for quality, user experience and end-user facing applications
- You have an excellent attention to detail, are highly adaptable, and can quickly learn new technologies
- As an embedded QE in a scrum team, you can run bug scrubs, maintain bug backlog/dashboards and be the advocate for maintaining high standards of quality
- Bonus points if you have expertise in Jira, TestRail, and Tableau
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information
Individuals seeking employment at Box are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.