Sr. Public Relations Manager, Box Platform
The Box Communications team is looking for a Senior PR Manager for Box Platform. The Senior PR Manager will develop a communications strategy and work closely with senior executives, marketing, and partners to generate awareness for Box Platform and cultivate Box’s growing developer ecosystem. In addition, the Box Platform PR lead will drive executive communications for the SVP of Box Platform/Chief Strategy Officer, and support other spokespeople in the Platform and Engineering organizations.
Candidates should be passionate about media relations, comfortable working with senior executives, and enjoy diving into and writing about a variety of business and technical topics, from customer use cases and bylined articles to open source releases and software engineering best practices. We’re looking for someone with a technical mindset, who reads Hacker News every day, who loves leading new developer product launches, developing social content for the latest customer win and who wants to be part of building an amazing new business inside one of the enterprise software industry’s fastest growing start-ups.
Launched last fall, Box Platform is a suite of content management and collaboration APIs that enables businesses of all sizes to build incredible content experiences in their apps, leveraging the same underlying technology that powers Box’s leading content management solution, which today powers collaboration for 66,000 businesses globally, including 60% of the Fortune 500.
- Develop and execute the communications plan for Box Platform for both business and technical audiences
- Create storylines, positioning, and media strategy for announcements, events and communications campaigns
- Develop and manage relationships with key business and technology media, event organizers and influencers
- Drive executive communications, including speaking program and media relations for Box’s SVP of Platform and Chief Strategy Officer.
- Partner with relevant industry peers to create events, media tours, and other communications activities around Box Platform and digital transformation
- Experience working with customers and partners (including developers) to build stories and announcements
- Author or lead the development of a variety of communications, such as press releases, blog posts, presentations, video scripts, fact sheets, talking points, etc.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- 5-10 years in Communications or Public Relations
- Ability to translate complexity into creative, simple communications
- Experience developing and executing PR programs in collaboration with executives and senior leaders/subject matter experts
- Experience working with technical audiences and technical media
- Strong business acumen, analytical ability and outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Sharp eye for detail and proven project management skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced start-up environment
- Good understanding of social media channels, content development and metrics
Meet Some of Box's Employees
Field Customer Success Manager
Christian works with Box customers post-implementation to ensure they’re successful with their new software—and help them best use the services they subscribe to.
Back to top