Sr. Public Cloud Engineer
Box is growing rapidly, and in order to reach every customer in the world, i’s critical for us to build an industry leading Public Cloud Service Engineering function to expertly scale Box across a robust Hybrid Cloud infrastructure. Are you ready to help us build this critical governance and enablement function from the ground up?
What will you accomplish As a Sr. Public Cloud Engineer, you will be the Service Owner for our Public Clouds, responsible for ensuring secure, compliant and efficient usage of multiple major Public Cloud providers. You will work across the entire Engineering organization and beyond (with teams such as Security, Compliance, Product, etc) and with our Public Cloud Vendors to:
- ensure we fully take advantage of our Public Cloud providers' features
- evaluate and implement Multi Cloud Cloud Management products/software
- augmenting by building additional capabilities and management services where needed
- keeping up with developments in the industry to ensure we are optimally using new cloud products and features and adopting best practices
- Working across the Engineering and Product organization to power our product roadmap by enabling our developers to onboard to Public Cloud efficiently and securely, and providing support for issues
- Ensure our Public Cloud platforms are stable and reliable by monitoring and managing their health and stability
Why the team needs you Join an elite team of Public Cloud Service Engineers, Capacity & Performance Engineers, Data Scientists, Hardware Engineers, and Operations professionals with alums from top tech companies (Ebay, Twitter, Andreesen Horowitz, McKinsey, etc) in solving challenging infrastructure scalability and efficiency issues for one of the fastest growing Enterprise companies.
Box is increasing our adoption of Public Cloud technologies quickly, and our team is moving even faster to build the capability to operate a Hybrid Cloud efficiently and at scale. We move quickly, identify and solve ambiguous problems, and have fun doing it!
We'd love to add someone with experience building governance and enablement for Public Clouds at scale, across areas such as Identity and Access Management, Security & Compliance, Health & Wellness monitoring/management, Capacity & Cost Management, Onboarding, etc.
We are looking for a hands-on technologist with a broad range of experience: equally comfortable with building dashboards and automation, interacting with internal customers to enable and support them, and providing thought leadership across engineering and within our team to manage our Cloud use.
Why you need Box This is your opportunity to provide technical vision and leadership in a space with complex and ever-evolving business requirements. We are early in our journey to a Hybrid Cloud infrastructure, and you will be defining and building the foundations. You will have the opportunity to get experience with all major Public Cloud technologies and work with a top-notch, high performing team with a diverse range of skills and backgrounds.
Who You Are:
- You have strong experience with large scale Infrastructure and distributed systems
- You have experience with a variety of Public Cloud features, are familiar with the industry landscape and trends, and passionate about keeping up to date on new developments
- You have hands on working experience governing/managing at least one major Public Cloud provider such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Platform, IBM Cloud or Microsoft Azure.
- You "make the news" by driving adoption and continuous improvement of Public Cloud best practices, working cross functionally with diverse groups such as Architects, Security, Compliance, and Product
- You are passionate about customer service and enabling developer efficiency
- You are comfortable with working in a fast-paced, hyper-growth environment with ambiguous problems to define and create solutions
- Preferred: you have hands on experience building and maintaining a production-quality software service/application
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top