Sr. Motion Designer
Senior designers at Box have strengths in both motion and static visual design, with a heavy emphasis on crisp, luscious simplicity, an eye for type design and a bold style that sets the mark for our industry. Our motion designers are creative technologists, crafting visual stories and moments that come to life to surprise and delight our users.
This is a marketing and creative role, not a product development role.
Senior Motion Designers should bring a committed belief in the power of design thinking to solve communications challenges and align the organization on approaches that turn “what if” conversations into “why not” and constantly push forward new thinking on next-generation digital experiences. Senior Motion Designers work very closely with interaction designers, other visual designers and writers and front-end engineering to produce work that sets the bar for our brand globally. Top candidates must have experience in temporal application design, focused on a range of modalities from browser-based interfaces to mobile and third-party environments such as the traditional digital ecosystem.
- Leading by example in all moments
- Responsible for maintaining and advancing the overall quality of design thinking
- Team with writers and other creatives to develop next-generation digital and multi-channel experiences
- Work closely with video production teams to guide asset creation and weave component pieces into a stunning end result
- Partners closely with the web development team to introduce new tools and capabilities that make the easy things easy and the hard things possible
- Know what advanced technology can do, and recommend where to use it
- Keeping interest and excitement levels high, inside and outside of the department
- Act as an ambassador for the global brand program at Box, and continue to nurture relationships across our marketing organization to foster world-class work
- Participates in post-mortem reporting, including evaluation of process and infrastructure
- Minimum five (5) years experience in one of the following areas: Product design, interactive agency, design studio other collaborative design team
- Insatiable curiosity, excited by design and technology
- Excited about the evolution of experience design on the web and where it could lead
- Ambassador of design thinking coupled with crisp sensibilities and acumen
- Excellent conceptual abilities and the talent to use visual narratives to express complex ideas
- Experience in an agency environment, with good presentation skills a plus
- Enjoys and supports working on a team
- Superior communication skills, organized and understands time management
- Bachelors degree in visual design, classic multimedia, film or other related role
Back to top