Sr. Manager/Director, Customer Success - West
Box's award-winning Customer Success team is second to none in the SaaS sector. With some of the industry's best leadership across all CS functions, we are writing the book on customer success innovation to create customer delight and world-class retention at scale. If you are a leader with a relentless drive for customer satisfaction and deep experience in technology, we want to talk to you!
As the head of enterprise Customer Success in the West region (Director or Senior Manager, depending on experience), you will help build and scale a world class Enterprise customer success organization by by building, managing, and leading a team of 7-10 high performing managers based in our West region. Through your team and leadership, you will will take ownership of the Customer Success KPIs for approximately 1/3 of Box's book of Enterprise business, including some of the world's best known brands across multiple industries. Each Customer Success Manager on your team is charged with managing their customers' Box deployment and the ongoing strategic guidance required to optimize and grow the relationship. You will provide guidance to your team in managing their accounts and workloads and serve as a coach through challenging situations with customers. In addition, you will partner with Customer Success leadership to deliver on the team strategy and find opportunities for continuous improvement.
You are equally passionate about people, customers, and Box's product. You bring several years' experience in account management and people management with exceptional results, and have experience doing so with a team of direct reports a multiple levels of experience and dispersed locations. You deeply understand the nature of the SaaS customer and what it takes to make them successful; and your many years of experience working in client-facing roles has given you a strong perspective on how to build and maintain strong customer relationships. Comfortable in front of an executive audience, you are commercially-minded and have a track record of partnership with Sales organizations and other cross-functional stakeholders (i.e. professional services). You are technically savvy and are excited to learn Box's product so that you can evangelize the modern content management platform alongside your CSMs.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to the changing demands of the tech industry.
This role is based in our Bay Area headquarters (can split time between Redwood City and San Francisco offices). Up to 25% travel to see customers and remote employees is required.
- Lead and manage a team of 7-10 Customer Success Managers, including regular one-on-one meetings focused on account management and professional development
- Become an indispensable partner to your regional Sales counterparts to design a growth strategy for the region, and provide strategic support on specific commercial situations to help close the deal
- Partner with C and C-1 executives at your highest-value customers to strengthen and deepen their relationship with Box, and provide escalation support when needed
- Strategize and execute on department-level goals, including but not limited to churn reduction, user adoption, customer satisfaction, and team growth
- Participate in, and/or identify, design, and deliver cross-functional projects that support strategic improvements in scaled processes, services, and systems to enable the team to exceed goals and spend more time with customers.
- Outcome-driven and metrics oriented
- Self-motivated team player with track record of success partnering with peer colleagues, sales counterparts, and other cross-functional stakeholders to deliver results on time and on budget
- 7-10 years' experience in consulting, sales, account management, or customer success in a high-growth SaaS environment
- Minimum 2 years' people management; experience managing remote teams a plus
- Strong presence and presentation skills; is comfortable talking to C-level executives and developing relationships at all levels of a customer organization
- Natural leader and passionate coach with fresh ideas about Customer Success who inspires their team to perform
- MBA or equivalent preferred
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Los Altos, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Back to top