Sr Manager, Capacity & Performance Engineering
- Continue building and developing a world-class engineering team through coaching, mentoring, and career development
- Build capacity and performance big-data analytics, reporting, processes, and automation to ensure efficient infrastructure scaling on our Public and Private Cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure, Openstack, Kubernetes, multiple Data Centers, etc) across hundreds of microservices
- Manage one of the largest areas of spend at the company by balancing high utilization and cost efficiency of our infrastructure with risk and developer velocity
- Strategic planning for Organic Growth and infrastructure impact of new project and architecture changes
- Build and maintain clear vision, roadmaps, and execution frameworks for continuous capability improvement
- Partner with Development, Product, Architecture, and Business teams to evaluate and manage impacts of new products and features, architecture and hosting strategy changes, and infrastructure partnerships to ensure efficient scaling and cost efficiency.
- You a have 3+ years experience in people management with a track record of building and scaling high performing teams. You are passionate about coaching and developing your team.
- You highly value building a collaborative, positive culture within the team, and with your business partners
- You have experience with Capacity Engineering at scale, with demonstrated success driving continuous improvement
- You have strong experience with large scale production infrastructure and distributed systems
- You are fluent in complex quantitative analysis, and are comfortable managing tradeoffs between technical benefits, risk, and cost efficiency
- You are a very strong communicator, comfortable articulating complex technical topics and ideas to a variety of technical and nontechnical audiences, up to the executive level
- You have demonstrated success navigating ambiguity to provide clarity and business results
- You are experienced with Agile/Scrum
- Experience with budget and financial management is a plus
Meet Some of Box's Employees
David B.Mid-Market Account Executive
David supports companies in the Bay Area with 500 to 2,000 employees—managing a mix of prospects and established accounts to ultimately drive success within their individual businesses.
Back to top