Sr. Interaction Designer
Interaction Designers lead digital experience design for the in-house creative team at Box, taking lead on deeply understanding customer needs and behavior and using these insights to shape experiences that delight.
This is a marketing and creative role, not a product development role.
Our interaction designers craft exceptional, next-generation experiences as part of a comprehensive in-house agency. Each designer leverages depth in a specific field — insights and personas, data-driven application design, and/or usability research — to infuse customer-centric thinking into the design solutions that will define our go-forward marketing programs, and most notably the massive evolution we intend to shape on Box.com. The interaction designers will craft insights-driven personas, define experience flows across temporal experiences, and lead out the creation of wireframes and similar artifacts to drive a comprehensive view of the creative program. As programs reach certain checkpoints, the interaction designer takes lead on usability testing, and partners closely with the marketing operations team to ensure the learning agenda carries into the metrics within the marketing dashboard.
The optimal candidate will be well versed in the underlying ideas behind participatory marketing, while being deeply grounded in the fundamentals of usability. The right candidate will be the voice of the customer in the experience, while continuously championing the brand in the engagement. You should be able to cogently think through the modern requirements of social engagement, distributed application and content development, and using marketing as a service rather than a bland sales tactic.
- Leading by example in all moments
- Responsible for maintaining and advancing the overall quality of strategic and design thinking
- Team with writers and art directors to develop next-generation digital and multi-channel experiences
- Maintain high standards for design artifacts, including wireframes, architecture diagrams and prototypes
- Understands and can develop or extend personas and scenarios for a given user population based on either primary or secondary research
- Recommends and leads user research of various types from pure ethnographies and technographies to usability testing and everything in between
- Partners closely with the web development team to identify required platforms and systems to bring the experience to life, and documents the requirements for the technology teams in a standardized set of documents (presentation, technical, functional or temporal)
- Know what advanced technology can do, and recommend where to use it
- Keeping interest and excitement levels high, inside and outside of the department
- Act as an ambassador for the global brand program at Box, and continue to nurture relationships across our marketing organization to foster world-class work
- Participates in post-mortem reporting, including evaluation of process and infrastructure
- Minimum five (5) years experience in one of the following areas: Product design, interactive agency, design studio other collaborative design team
- Insatiable curiosity, excited by design and technology
- Excited about the evolution of experience design on the web and where it could lead
- Ambassador of design thinking coupled with crisp sensibilities and acumen
- Excellent conceptual abilities and the talent to use visual narratives to express complex ideas
- Experience in an agency environment, with good presentation skills a plus
- Enjoys and supports working on a team
- Superior communication skills, organized and understands time management
- Bachelors Degree in human factors, human computer interface design, environmental or architectural design or related field. (Masters preferred)
Back to top