Sr. GL Accountant - Workplace Services
The Workplace Services (WPS) General Ledger (GL) Analyst is a key role at Box. The WPS GL Analyst will work closely with WPS on global construction projects and support Strategic Planning & Analysis, Finance (SP&A) on actuals to budget analysis. In addition, this position is responsible for effectively executing against policies and procedures to ensure accurate and timely recording of Accounts Payable (AP) and Fixed Assets (FA) transactions in accordance with GAAP.
- Manage global construction PO’s and accruals for the WPS department and ensure vendors are paid in a timely manner. Resolve purchase order, invoice, and payment discrepancies with internal teams as well as external vendors
- Operationalize and manage the accounting for landlord and any sub-tenant transactions including rent, CAM, utilities, profit-sharing, TI reimbursements, etc.
- Partner w. Finance business partners (SP&A) to manage actuals vs. budgets and forecasts from start-to-finish on global construction projects, lease and sub-lease agreements, and other WPS spend areas as needed.
- Reconcile cost activities to support capitalization during construction period as well as when a construction project is completed.
- Track and review CIP transactions and CIP Aging to ensure proper cut-offs both upon arrival and when deployed into service.
- Resolve effectively any rent or WPS capital projects and purchase inquiries, including vendors, SOX PMO, and external auditors.
- Ensure compliance for capital additions, assets write-off, account classifications, prepaids, accruals, and other financial policies.
- Perform month-end financial close and compliance procedures for assigned accounts.
- Assist with data collection and research on month-end variance analysis including Income Statement and Balance Sheet flux analysis for CIP or assigned accounts.
- Create accurate, timely, and insightful financial management reporting, trends, and analysis.
- Collaborate with the internal teams to improve current business processes, enhance reporting, and efficient roll-out of key initiatives.
- Support WPS and Shared Services initiatives, ad-hoc projects and reporting, as requested.
- 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or related field.
- 3-5 years of general accounting experience required
- 1-2 years Financial Analysis experience required
- Prior working experience with Corporate Real Estate/ Facilities team desired
- High-tech multi-national or SaaS based industry experience a plus
- Proficient to Advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience with NetSuite and SOX a plus
- Excellent teamwork, time management, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Overwhelming desire to kick ass and grow with Box
Meet Some of Box's Employees
Field Customer Success Manager
Christian works with Box customers post-implementation to ensure they’re successful with their new software—and help them best use the services they subscribe to.
Back to top