Sr. Engineering Manager, Platform
At Box, we're changing the way businesses work, making it really easy to access, manage and collaborate on business content in the cloud. We’re building the world’s only modern content platform and we want you to join us.
The Box Platform Team charter is to expose a platform for easily building external innovations on top of our core competencies. Our goal is to nurture a vibrant ecosystem around our platform by delivering platform tools, APIs, SDKs, and integrations for 3rd party developers. Box Platform is a major growth opportunity for Box and we’re looking for an engineering manager who is ready to make an impact and help us build the Box Platform business.
This is a hands-on technical leadership role with an equal focus on nurturing and expanding a team of senior engineers and driving projects to quality, on-time delivery in partnership with product management. If you’re passionate about building platforms and delighting developers, then this is the role for you!
- You and your team of experienced and self-motivated engineers will own the quality and stability of the Box Platform tools, APIs, and SDKs.
- You'll lead the planning, execution and success of high impact projects, working closely with other teams including product and design.
- You'll ensure a high standard in architecture discussions, code quality, and provide leadership to your team members helping them grow both technically and professionally.
- You'll use data to drive continuous improvement in developer experience.
- You'll hire and retain the best technical talent providing skills development opportunities, and mentoring to engineers.
- You have at least 3-5 years of successful experience managing engineering teams, including hiring, coaching and mentoring, holding impactful 1:1s, and evaluating performance.
- You have at least 6 years of experience as a software engineer developing full stack web applications, preferably with dev-ops experience.
- You have a passion for leading engineers to accomplish great things.
- You may have experience building platforms and/or platform tools.
Back to top