Sr. Engineering Manager, Enterprise Security Products
At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value leaders who are life-long learners, passionate about continuous improvement for themselves, their teams, and their products.
The security engineering group is responsible for protecting our customer's content and how they work together without compromising on user experience. We are building creative modern security solutions and products to protect content and users from internal and external threats. We are building products to help our customers:
- Enable the digital workplace while ensuring security of users and content
- Intelligently guide users to collaborate and share securely
- Monitor for instances of content misuse or user compromise
- Extend security controls applied to internal users to external collaborators
Why Box needs you
As Box is doubling down on security products, the need to hire strong leaders who are passionate about building full stack products have grown. As a leader in this group, you will be responsible for setting up the strategy and the future direction of building products that provide frictionless security. We'll look for you to provide perspective on leading industry trends, recommendations on new and emerging technologies, thought leadership on code quality, and engineering process improvements. You will hire more epic engineers and will lead a team of highly collaborative and skilled engineers. You will also work closely with other engineering leaders, product managers and other partners to help realize our ambitious goals.
Why you need Box
The Box engineering team provides a unique combination of technical challenges around scale and robustness. As part of the Security product team, you will own mission-critical products and features and will have a direct impact on our revenue goals. You will be leading the efforts to build a secure content firewall that extends our security controls and policies to extended enterprise.
Who you are
- Individual with high integrity, team-focused approach with collaboration skills to build tight-knit relationships across Box
- Experience with leading full stack product teams
- Fluent in object-oriented or functional programming languages like Java or Scala
- Experience with relational and NoSQL Database technologies
- Extraordinary organizational and analytical skills
- Responsive person with a strong bias for action and a thirst for learning
- 3+ years of management experience
- Preferred: past experience managing identity or security product teams
Who we are
- Shield - new advanced security product (https://www.box.com/shield)
- See "Security: Access Controls and Visibility" space in the Box Overview https://www.box.com/products-and-features
- Tech blog (http://tech.blog.box.com/)
- Open source projects (http://opensource.box.com/)
- Developer Platform (https://developers.box.com/)
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest dreams. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and administer their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Box are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Back to top