Sr. Engineering Manager, Core Infrastructure
Our Mission: Power the Box platform by building a performant, collaborative, secure, filesystem scaling to billions of files and millions of users.
At Box, we're changing the way businesses work, making it easy to access, manage and collaborate on content in the cloud. The Core Infrastructure team owns the heart of the Box platform - our filesystem, users, groups, enterprises, permissions, and of course collaboration. We deal with a broad range of technical challenges from scaling complex filesystem operations, to unlocking new capabilities in our platform driving new enterprise use-cases. Because we own such a central part of our stack, the investments we make are hugely impactful to our customers, as well as to other developers building Box functionality on top of the core filesystem.
We're looking for an engineering manager with a passion for empowering their team to solve hard technical challenges and supporting their individual growth while working with them and other stakeholders to define an ambitious roadmap balancing a continued investment in scale and performance and a drive to propel our platform forward. If you are excited to build a team developing a highly performant and scalable filesystem in the cloud, we're looking for you!
This is a hands-on technical leadership role – you’ll split your time between managing a dynamic, talented group of engineers, ensuring we maintain a high bar for quality and technical design, and being a strong technical voice on your team.
- Lead a team of engineers to build a scalable performant filesystem in the cloud
- Own the quality and performance of your team's code
- Partner with the Product team and other stakeholders in building an ambitious roadmap for the team
- Own planning and execution for your team
- Work closely with our Data Infrastructure team to ensure effective use of our Database and Cache
- Grow and develop the team to be able to tackle our ever-growing scalability challenges
- Coach and mentor the engineers on the team
- At least 3 years experience managing engineering teams
- At least 5 years software development experience
- Experience building scalable web systems
- A passion for leading engineers to accomplish great things
- Experience working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment preferred
- Experience managing multiple teams preferred
- Experience with DevOPS preferred
- Experience with Java, Scala or PHP preferred
- Experience with MySQL, HBase, Memcache, Redis preferred
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Los Altos, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
Back to top