Sr ELK Systems Engineer
The Analytics Engineering Services [email protected] is responsible for Data Infrastructure portfolio including Data Warehouse, Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, ElasticSearch, Splunk and Redshift. This position will be in technology operations, and in this role you will own and design data infrastructure for Search and Logging use cases.
Box is in a high-growth phase, and this is a stellar opportunity to make a big impact. This is a full time position based in our Redwood City Office
- Comfortable owning Splunk infrastructure and maintaining SLAs.
- Evangelize alternate search stacks using cloud, vendors and open-source technologies like ELK
- Partnering with developers on data pipeline improvements, implementing governance and self-serve tooling capabilities to scale and provide a predictable logging and diagnostics framework
- Contributing your insights to help us improve and/or re-architect existing systems for scale and extensibility.
- You've been in the trenches building highly scalable, efficient, and resilient search systems using Splunk and ELK, on bare-metal and virtualized large scale environments.
- You prefer lasting solutions, yet know the time and place for a quick hack.
- You're excited about scaling the platform using technologies in our stack like Splunk, ElasticSearch, and OpenStack to handle massive quantities of data and users.
- You’re comfortable deploying and monitoring the systems that you’ve built with tools like puppet and ansible.
- You’re a fast learner and can contribute from day one.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top