Sr Developer Evangelist, Box Platform
Are you a strong evangelist that can translate technology solutions into sample apps across multiple scenarios and industries? Do you have the leadership and communication skills to lead Hackathons and be an advocate within third party communities ? Are you also skilled at writing technical blogs and documentation that make it easy for developers to try and adopt technical solutions? If yes, his may be the right opportunity for you.
At Box we’re rethinking – and disrupting – how businesses share, manage and access content. Building on top of the capabilities that users love about Box, our mission at Box Platform is to enable apps that can reimagine customer, partner and employee experiences.
We are seeking a highly motivated and senior developer evangelist with three primary accountabilities: Drive Hackathons and Developer Days, Build documentation for our API Services, and evangelize Box Platform to developers through multiple channels. In this role, you will be the key face of Box Platform to the developer community.
This role requires a strong technical acumen to partner closely with the Product Management, Engineering, Platform Solutions Engineering, Product Marketing and Customer Support teams to act as a Platform product advocate into the developer community, translate product capabilities into clear answers for app developers, and provide key Box-internal stakeholders with valuable customer data, insights and analysis on how we can improve the quality of Box Platform in future releases. You would need to have a strong understanding of the developer audience, their pain points and motivations to succeed in this role.
- Create/update endpoint documentation and how to guides during the release process for new feature/endpoint
- Gather feedback from the community on Box SDKs and APIs
- Have an on-going feedback mechanism to the Product and Engineering Team
- Develop Sample Apps that demonstrate and elaborate the potential of Box APIs for content centric web and mobile apps
- Organize Hackathons and Developer Days with customers and with developers supporting them in understanding and trying the Box Platform services
- Support issue resolution for our developers on Stackoverflow, Github, other 3rd party developer support communities, as well as on Box community
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the rapidly evolving social media support landscape, social media networks (communities & forums, Stackoverflow, Github, social media networks including Facebook, Twitter, etc.), social listening & measurement tools and emerging trends in social customer care
- Technical acumen needed to build sample apps to illustrate use cases
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to clearly communicate very technical developer issues and concepts
- Former developers with a penchant for building communities and with personal projects in GitHub would be highly desired
- High degree of comfort with rapidly evolving needs, dealing with ambiguity, and working in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to effectively work with virtual teams, and the ability to influence others to accomplish key objectives, and an effective communicator.
- Highly skilled at working across a broad set of stakeholders across different functions, and with various levels of management
- Reports and Analytics: Ability to analyze trends and results, to track goals, and uses that to drive strategy improvements in social care.
- Proactive and Ownership: Plan and execute strategies to improve and expand Box Communities. Make the Community experience the best it can be.
- Experience with product support and app development technologies and processes
- Bachelor's degree and atleast 7 years' experience, preferably working in developer evangelism/relations
Back to top