Sr. Analyst, Global Sales Compensation
Box is seeking an experienced sales compensation professional to join our Global Sales Incentives team within Sales Operations (SOps) at Box. The Global Sales Incentives team is responsible for the design of sales compensation plans at Box. In this role, you will have responsibility for driving the sales compensation strategy and the compensation design process as well as working within other sales operations team members to increase go-to-market efficiency. You will also interface with the accounting team responsible for commissions processing and payments.
Box's Sales Operations team supports the sales organization through analytics, deal management, and business processes that enable us to sell complex products and engagements to organizations across the globe. The development of best-in-class sales compensation plans is a key motivator for the sales organization and plan details receive visibility at the highest levels of the company. You must be comfortable with ambiguity, disciplined in execution and enjoy interfacing with senior sales and executive leaders.
- Partner closely with Director, Global Sales Incentives, VP of Sales Operations, sales leaders and finance team during fiscal year planning, annual compensation design process and monthly commissions process
- Work with sales leaders to ensure compensation plans are aligned with company strategies and targets for customer segments and regions
- Develop innovative, best-in-class sales compensation plans to motivate sales reps worldwide
- Develop cost models and cost forecast for proposed sales compensation plan designs
- Evolve sales compensation reporting package for sales and executive leadership
- Be a trusted advisor on sales compensation plan design details across Box
- Partner with and guide implementation team to ensure designs and calculations are built to specifications
- Provide supplementary training material to promote understanding of compensation plans
- Be the liaison between SOps and Accounting team on relevant sales compensation questions
- Lead and drive adjacent SOps projects in the areas of sales go-to-market and sales strategy
- Support and mentor your SOps and Finance teammates
- 4-6+ years in sales management consulting, sales operations, sales finance or sales compensation design
- Business or technical undergraduate degree; MBA preferred
- Strong financial modeling skills using Excel; Tableau experience a plus
- Focus on execution excellence: You know what motivational compensation plans look like and how to tailor various approaches to the right situation. You know how to execute tasks and projects. You are detail oriented, you are organized, you hustle and have integrity that would make mom proud!
- Proven ability to influence: You engage well with people at all levels, you listen actively and are able to find win-win solutions for difficult topics and situations
- Superb communications abilities: You are a natural at knowing your audience and are able to communicate through numerous channels -- from talking with leaders to building and delivering presentations and knowing how to write a concise and meaningful email.
- Strong bias for action, an intrinsic ability to deal with ambiguity and natural perseverance.
- A natural team player: We are a small team so you should be comfortable helping out wherever it is needed
- Experience working with enterprise software suites (Workday, Salesforce, Xactly, Anaplan, etc.) a plus
Back to top