Box is growing and is building their procurement and strategic sourcing team. Our team is seeking a Sourcing Manager to manage Technology Infrastructure spend. The candidate will perform analytics, develop sourcing strategy, spearhead RFx, negotiate contracts to drive savings and manage supplier performance.
In this role, the Sourcing Manager will report to the Senior Manager. You will review key Technology spend areas and engage business leaders in Tech Ops function to review their requirements. You will understand the trends in the industry and supplier landscape and negotiate hardware, Cloud / SaaS / Open Source software, data center contracts to drive savings and direct P&L impact. You will partner with suppliers, engineering and product management teams to ensure technology roadmap alignment and drive PSL. You will partner with finance and accounting teams to ensure expense is aligned with budget. With strong negotiation experience, you will structure and draft various contracts including Software licensing agreements by working closely with Legal, Compliance, and Security teams. You will drive quarterly business reviews with strategic suppliers.
In summary, you will
- Serve as category expert for assigned categories within Technology Infrastructure: Data centers, Hardware, Software (SaaS), and/or Telecom/Networking
- Collect data, perform spend analysis and report market trends, savings and improvement opportunities to executives
- Spearhead negotiations and align on pricing and commercial terms with suppliers
- Conduct RFx processes
- Devise or assist in developing cost models during sourcing negotiations
- Negotiate Service Level Agreements
Additionally you will
- Develop business relationships with internal partners and have a customer service mentality
- Attend technical planning meetings, as needed, for supported categories
- Organize and lead business reviews with suppliers including development, preparation and review of supplier scorecards and performance metrics. Resolve major supplier performance issues
- Build dual or preferred supplier base programs with the business
- Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering, Finance or a related field - supply chain concentration preferred - along with 5-7 years of experience in technology sourcing
- Masters and/or APICS certification is an asset
- Cost modeling skills using MS-Excel
- Strong negotiation skills with emphasis on Technology Infrastructure - Data Center, Cloud / SaaS, hardware, etc.
- 4+ years experience in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial contracts with Technology vendors
Back to top