The Solutions Architect is part of the Customer Success organization and the Box Consulting team, and works across Box and with customers to define and build out complex solutions. The Solutions Architect is a high impact, high visibility role, responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction while promoting Box technical and platform solutions and generating consulting revenue.
You will play a critical role in building and sustaining customer and partner relationships while driving the adoption of the Box product and platform. The Solutions Architect also works closely with sales and field teams to maximize opportunities by identifying, developing, designing, building, piecing together tools, and accelerating and scoping projects.
We are looking for a technical candidate based regionally in Chicago, Atlanta, New York, Austin or Washington DC.
- Ability to architect and design technical solutions including piecing together the right mix of Box configurations, other SaaS technologies, integration technologies, Box APIs and other partner tools to balance configuration and customization
- Customer facing- you feel confident presenting detailed technical information to executives and selling ideas. You will be expected to fully understand and clearly articulate the benefits of BOX to all levels including line of business managers, 'C' level executives, Developers, IT Architects and CIO’s
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills – including the ability to go a mile deep with technical customer resources or to explain the most basic capabilities to a business user
- Excellent presentation skills including the ability to present both business oriented solutions and advanced technical concepts
- Experience leading and designing technical projects, engaging with, and driving change across multiple levels of IT executives
- Ownership of the development and delivery of differentiated custom solutions
- Past experience working directly with Sales, Field Teams, Consultants, ISVs and System Integrators
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years of previous development, consulting, professional services or sales engineering experience
- Provide technical and functional expertise during meetings to prospective and existing customers
- Design solution architectures and strategy, and handle in-depth technical questions during meetings and sales calls as they relate to implementing Box solutions
- Design and develop project scope documentation, statements of work, technical specifications, and business requirements related to customer engagements
- Collaborate to define functional and technical requirements, and translate them into functional designs, workflows, governance documentation, proposals, and project plans
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with targeted customers to ensure that all activities are closely aligned with the customers’ business case and business strategy
- Engage in getting Box more deeply deployed and integrated into new industry and horizontal use cases. This includes leveraging Box as a platform in line of business applications
- Establish and oversee development and usage of best practices to continually drive incremental value and return on the customers investment
- Contribute to organizational process improvement, including processes related to developing use cases, knowledge management.
Other Key Skills:
- Programming in at least one of the following: Python / Java/ .net / Visualforce/ Node.js (MEAN stack)
- Understanding of REST APIs and JSON
- Understanding of cloud architecture patterns
- Ability to distill complex technical solutions and industry solutions into their digestible parts
- Passion for selling, learning, using evangelizing and explaining new technology
- A team player that will help mentor teammates who are looking to get to the next level
- Experience working with and deploying SaaS applications
- Experience supporting remote / field teams
- Innate initiative to get things done, self-motivation and ability to deliver high quality work while at the same time meeting aggressive deadlines
- Deep understanding of integration technologies
Back to top