Software Engineering Intern - Summer 2019
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will be embedded as a full-time member of one of our Engineering teams, working on a summer project that impacts our product roadmap. Paired with your manager and a mentor, you will build and ship code to be released to the public. This is your time to shine and be proud of your project - after all, you are the one building it!
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box helps enterprises transform how people work together. We have the power to help our customers upload faster, be more creative, and get work done more efficiently. Every code iteration makes an impact, and together we will change the world. We are here to listen, learn, and grow from you, too.
Why you need Box
- Want mentorship? We'll pair you with a formal mentor on your team, but you can find a mentor anywhere in the company. If you're not sure where to start, try connecting with our Employee Resource Groups, like Women in Tech, Black Excellence Network, and Latinx. Join the Intern Buddy Program and be paired with a Box-er from our Young Professional Network. You'll also have access to higher leadership and will even get to meet and pick the brains of our founders!
- Want ownership? You are empowered to drive your own development project—ask questions, design solutions, own and present the results. You will not only learn, grow, and hone your technical skills, but also softer skills. We'll teach you how to build your own personal brand, negotiation techniques, and more!
- Want impact? You will work on real projects, features, and updates that will be shipped directly to our customers—some are announced at our annual conference. You also get an opportunity to improve the lives and productivity of your teammates, too.
- Want real world experience? We treat you like a full-time engineer. Daily standups? You're in it. Big team meeting to discuss the future of the architecture? You have a seat at the table. This is an experience that fully immerses you into the work world, with all fun, games, and food provided.
- Want to grow your skill set? Our interview process is universal. What does that mean? It means at the end of it all, you get to choose which team to join. Never done front-end before? Give it a try. Or maybe you want to go deep on search. That's cool too.
Who you are
- Graduating in 2020 with a BA/BS, majoring in Computer Science or a related field.
- Demonstrated passion for technology, whether you worked at another tech company, launched an app, or joined your school Tech club.
- Experienced with algorithms and design, all that good stuff from class.
- Apply online! We'll review your resume and follow up from there.
- A short coding challenge, should only take about 1 hour. We'll send you some resources and advice before.
- Take home assignment! You'll have 2 weeks to complete the assignment and we'll be with you the whole way with engineering-led office hours. We expect the assignment to take between 5-10 hours.
- Once you submit the assignment, we'll schedule 1 hour for you to review with an engineer and 30 minutes to chat with a recruiter.
- From there, we'll get back to you with a final decision!
Box is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage our employees to live by one of our values, "bring your ____ self to work", every single day.
Back to top