Software Engineering Intern - Summer 2018
Why Box needs you
Why you need Box
- Want mentorship? You'll be paired with a formal mentor on your team, but you can find a mentor anywhere in the company. If you're not sure where to start, you can connect with our Employee Resource Groups, like Women in Tech, Black Excellence Network, and Latinx.
- Want ownership? You are empowered to drive your own development project—ask questions, design solutions, and own the results.
- Want impact? You will work on real projects, features and updates that will be shipped directly to our customers—some are announced at our annual conference.
- Want real world experience? We treat you like a full-time engineer. Daily standups? You're in it. Big team meeting to discuss the future of the architecture? You have a seat at the table. This is an experience that fully immerses you into the work world, with all food provided.
- Want to grow your skill set? Our interview process is universal. What does that mean? It means at the end of it all, you get to choose which team you join. Never done front-end before? Give it a try. Or maybe you want to go deep on search. That's cool too.
Who you are
- Graduating in 2019 with a BA/BS, majoring in Computer Science or a related field.
- Demonstrated passion for technology, whether you worked at another tech company, launched your own app, or joined your school Tech club.
- Experienced with algorithms and design, all that good stuff from class.
- Apply online! We'll review your resume and follow up from there.
- A short coding challenge, should only take 1 hour.
- New take-home exercise! You'll have 2 weeks to complete the exercise and we'll be with you the whole way with office hours and webinars. We expect the exercise to take 5-10 hours.
- Once your exercise is done, we'll schedule 1 hour to review with an engineer and 30 minutes to chat with a recruiter.
- From there, we'll get back to you with a final decision!
Meet Some of Box's Employees
Outbound Business Representative
Ryan works with federal, state, and local government agencies to help them integrate Box’s secure storage system so that they can more efficiently achieve their goals.
Back to top