Social Media Manager
The Box Communications team is looking for a collaborative and detail-oriented Social Media Manager to lead its social and editorial programs. He or she will work closely with the communications team and the broader marketing team, as well as other teams across the organization, including the Box leadership team. The manager will amplify our social awareness and content marketing efforts, building out scalable, data-driven programs to increase our organic follower base and influencer engagement. He or she will develop and drive integrated social campaigns to build awareness at the top of the funnel around core Box themes and thought leadership platforms, track analytics and oversee reporting platforms. In partnership with the digital marketing (including paid social), product marketing, and campaigns teams, these programs will engage influencers, expand our brand, and ultimately drive our target audience to our web properties. Social is one of the most cross-functional roles in all of marketing at Box.
If you’re interested in this role, you should have experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment where you collaborate across various groups within the organization. You should bean active participant in various social networks, like to write and edit content, have a passion for storytelling and a strong fluency in social media metrics, benchmarks and analytics (+emoji). Above all, we're looking for someone creative, with a can-do attitude and a sense of fun. You should think globally, and not be afraid to jump into projects. And you should bring a passion for how technology is changing the way we work. Familiarity with enterprise software is a plus.
- Own all corporate social media channels, handling everything from strategy to execution, analysis and reporting
- Develop a comprehensive, cohesive cross-channel editorial calendar and strategy to tell the Box story for a wide range of different audiences, including customers and prospects across industries, analysts, press, influencers and more
- Work closely with digital, demand gen and content marketing teams to support initiatives and integrate organic social content into campaigns
- Act as “editor-in-chief” of the Box blog, identifying story opportunities, sourcing and developing internal and external writing talent, and serving as editor for all posts on the blog
- Create and manage social and editorial programs to support marketing-wide initiatives
- Coordinate and push social activity around launches and announcements including publishing
- Work with the broader communications team to push forward thought leadership platforms with all programs
- Lead the social strategy and work with the broader communications and marketing team on social content development for major press announcements
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- 5-7 years of professional experience in Communications, Public Relations, Social Media or Product Marketing in technology (B2B a plus)
- Exceptional writing and editing skills - you should have an opinion on serial commas
- Excellent understanding of social media channels, content development and metrics
- Strong business acumen, analytical ability and outstanding communications skills
- Keen ability to translate complexity into simple and intuitive communications
- Experience developing and executing social programs in collaboration with executives and senior leaders/subject matter experts
- Sharp eye for detail and proven project management skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced, always-on, start-up environment
Meet Some of Box's Employees
Field Customer Success Manager
Christian works with Box customers post-implementation to ensure they’re successful with their new software—and help them best use the services they subscribe to.
Back to top