Senior Sourcing Manager
Box is building their procurement and strategic sourcing team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the review of key spend areas and work on harnessing tangible cost out initiatives. As a experienced leader in IT Software and Hardware category management or Marketing you will understand the trends in the industry and supplier landscape. As an influencer of the supplier selection you will be able to able to synthesize the internal requirements and help devise the appropriate negotiation strategy.
You will lead the negotiations and spearhead RFPs and competitive bids as necessary. You will have strong financial modelling and analytical skills to devise pricing models which are scalable and advantageous to the business during your sourcing negotiations.
With strong legal experience and understanding of the intricacies of structuring and drafting various agreements including NDA's, MSA, MPA, Orders, and Software licensing agreements and you will work with the Legal, Compliance, and Security teams to initiate and shepherd the contract management process.
Experienced in the Source to Pay process you will be helping to build the processes and systems to help enable a robust, simple and consistent Procure to Pay process.
Partnering with internal stakeholders you will support and facilitate recommendations on programs to reduce supplier costs, contract development and approval processes.
Additionally you will:
- Serve as category expert for assigned categories for IT: Data centers, IT Hardware, IT Software (particularly SAAS, Open Source), and Telecom/Networking contracts. For Marketing: Digital Media, etc.
- Collect data and perform spend analysis, category profiling, then analyze, and report data to explain economic forecast market trends, applying mathematical models and statistical techniques for cost modeling, usage trends, supplier performance metrics, savings, and improvement opportunities, etc
- Negotiate pricing and business terms with suppliers
- Conduct RFx processes and write policies, design processes
- Build robust Procure to Pay lifecycle internal tools and systems
- Have deep knowledge of legal clauses and negotiations with industry vendors
- Develop solid business relationships with internal partners and have a customer service mentality
- Spearhead and lead negotiations attend technical planning meetings as needed for supported categories
- Organize and lead business reviews with suppliers including development, preparation and review of supplier scorecards and performance metrics. Resolve major supplier performance issues
- Have experience of negotiating Business Process, Open Source and Managed Services contracts
- Build dual or preferred supplier base programs with the business
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure alignment and work together on opportunities
- Liaise with suppliers to validate cost savings on purchases, obtain product or service information such as price, availability and lead time to meet the department's SLA
- Conduct and build Supplier Management (monitor, report, coordinate and continuously improve supplier relationships). Identifying opportunities to save money and improve quality of service
Bachelor's and MBA degree in Business, Computer Science, Finance or a related field - supply chain concentration preferred - along with 5-7 years of experience in technology acquisition (software, SaaS, hardware, networking hardware, and telecommunications) for IT role or Marketing procurement, product management or procure to pay lifecycle exposure for Marketing role.
Strong analysis and cost modelling with deep experience with Excel
Strong negotiation skills with emphasis in IT industry and SaaS, infrastructure hardware networking, servers, desktop hardware, etc. or Marketing category experience are a must.
This experience should include 4+ years of solid experience reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial contracts, especially with SaaS vendors and colocation agreements, including data privacy.
To be successful in this role you’ll need :
To be able to work independently with strong teamwork, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
Have strong attention to accuracy and detail and conceptual and analytical thinking
Have excellent communications skills and follow-up discipline
Be a highly organized multi- tasker with exceptional customer service skills who can prioritize in a fast paced environment.
Experience with Box, Confluence, JIRA, and/or Coupa is desired
Back to top