At Box, we strive to promote a culture of openness and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value team members who are life-long learners, passionate about continuous improvement for themselves and for the team around them.
As a Senior Quality Engineer, you'll join a highly collaborative scrum team building Box Skills, a new framework bringing Intelligence to our customer's content. You'll drive automation test strategy including selecting tools and crafting frameworks needed for high-quality releases. The work you'll do will directly impact the experience of our 40 million+ users!
Help us reimagine the future of content!
Why we need you
We are looking for a Senior QE who can partner with development teams to cultivate a quality culture, someone who can think out of the box in terms of testing and propose solutions to the challenges they see. We need an engineer who is willing to roll up their sleeves and do hands-on testing as well as lead a team of offshore QEs. As an engineer in the Quality Engineering team, you will join a small, diverse, fast-paced team that's responsible for releasing mobile, desktop and web applications. You will work across teams to lead automation efforts and build frameworks that power critical use cases in a future-proof way. Together, we'll build outstanding products and delight our customers.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in Cloud Content Management, Box is the ideally positioned company to bring the power of machine learning to that content. That's where you come in!
Why you need Box
Does idea of delivering incredible high-quality products to market appeal to you? Are you someone who sets the "quality bar" for your team high?
You will have the chance to collaborate with, learn from, and mentor a strong group of accomplished engineers. You'll have an impact on a critical area of Box's growth. You will be part of the design, planning, and monitoring of Box Skills. We'll partner with peer QE's and build standard methodologies and tools which will be used by several teams within Box.
Who you are
- You have 5+ years experience with experience in automating web applications
- You have built automation frameworks from scratch and converted manual test cases to automated tests.
- You are experienced in automating and maintaining tests with Selenium and Node.js
- Experience automating front-end codebase and stack (React, HTML, CSS)
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, whether writing an elegant test plan, explaining technical details to a colleague, or presenting to a room full of engineers.
- You have experience with build/release management platforms like Jenkins or Travis
- You have done automation analysis and release sign-off
- You have worked with high impact teams to identify the best strategies for delivering full functional test suites, performance, regression, and smoke tests.
- Experience working with and mentoring offshore QE teams
- You're passionate about quality, user experience, and end-user facing applications
- You have an excellent attention to detail, are highly adaptable, and can quickly learn new technologies
- As an embedded QE in a scrum team, you can run bug scrubs, maintain bug backlog/dashboards and be the advocate for maintaining high standards of quality
- Bonus points if you have expertise in Jira, TestRail, and Tableau
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE: BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps businesses of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe, and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment InformationIndividuals seeking employment at Box are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.