Senior Procurement Specialist
- Serve as a Procurement expert supporting all designated functions and be their single point of contact for all functions including IT hardware/software, Sales, Marketing, Work Place Services (Facilities), HR, Finance, and Legal.
- Collect data and perform spend analysis, profile category, analyze and report data to explain market trends, savings and recommend improvement opportunities.
- Spearhead negotiations and align on pricing and business terms with suppliers, including but not limited to, SLAs, termination clauses, etc.
- Conduct RFx processes.
- Have knowledge of legal clauses and negotiations with industry vendors.
- Systems/processes/tools improvements and implementations.
- Develop business relationships with internal partners with strong customer service focus and visibly demonstrating your value added contribution.
- Attend planning/status update meetings, as needed, for supported functions.
- Organize and lead business reviews with suppliers including development, preparation and review of supplier scorecards and performance metrics. Resolve major supplier performance issues.
- Build dual or preferred supplier base programs with the business, where applicable.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Computer Science, Finance or a related field - supply chain concentration preferred - along with 1+ years of experience in Procurement/Sourcing - supporting IT (Software and Hardware) , Sales, Marketing, Facilities and other support functions. Strategic Sourcing, procure-to-pay experience is a plus.
- Cost modeling skills using Excel or other tools.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- 1+ years experience in all aspects of Procurement with technology-based corporations.
- Able to work independently with strong teamwork, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Has strong commercial acumen and business judgment.
- Has demonstrated influencing, negotiation, presentation and stakeholder management skills.
- Attentive to detail and an analytical thinker.
- A highly organized multitasker who can prioritize in a fast paced environment.
Meet Some of Box's Employees
Mid-Market Account Executive
David supports companies in the Bay Area with 500 to 2,000 employees—managing a mix of prospects and established accounts to ultimately drive success within their individual businesses.
Back to top