Senior Hadoop Systems Engineer
The Analytics Engineering Services [email protected] is responsible for operating Data Infrastructure and supports both online and offline use cases. The team builds, operates and scales analytics infrastructure portfolio including Data Warehouse, Qubole, Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, ElasticSearch and Redshift.
This position will be in technology operations, and in this role you will partner with engineers and business analysts to architect and design data infrastructure. Box is in a high-growth phase, and this is a stellar opportunity to make a big impact.
This is a full time position based in our Redwood City Office
- Lead Data Operations and Infrastructure including Hadoop, Kafka, Storm, ElasticSearch and Redshift.
- Incorporate engineering practices into infrastructure operations enabling us to optimize infrastructure at scale effectively.
- Develop software to drive improvements for deployment, management, tooling and visibility within the operations team.
- Perform code reviews, evaluate implementations, and provide feedback about potential tool improvements
- Share an on-call rotation and handle service incidents
- Strong operational architecture understanding of Hadoop, ElasticSearch and Kafka.
- 3+ years experience leading Hadoop data infrastructure deployments.
- Demonstrated programming skills preferably in Python, Java or Scala.
- Good experience using configuration management software ex: Puppet or Ansible
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything and embody "Take risks and fail fast"
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top