Senior Hadoop Operations Engineer
- Manage large scale Hadoop cluster environments, including design, capacity planning, cluster setup, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
- Lead troubleshooting on Hadoop technologies including HDFS, MapReduce, YARN, Hive etc
- Partner with Operations and Engineering teams to automate deployment and operation of the Data infrastructure.
- Share an on-call rotation and handle service incidents
- 3+ years of administrator experience on Big Data Hadoop Ecosystem and related technologies (Hadoop, YARN, Hive and/or equivalent technologies).
- Demonstrated programming skills preferably in Python or Java.
- Experience with configuration management software(s) ex: Puppet or Ansible
- AWS and Google Cloud experience a plus.
- Experience in setting up Kerberized Hadoop clusters, a big plus.
Meet Some of Box's Employees
Field Customer Success Manager
Christian works with Box customers post-implementation to ensure they’re successful with their new software—and help them best use the services they subscribe to.
Back to top