Senior Hadoop Operations Engineer
The Analytics Engineering Services [email protected] is responsible for operating Data Infrastructure deployed on AWS and on-Premise Data Centers. The team manages the central Data Warehouse, Hadoop Clusters, Kafka pipelines, Storm Monitoring and OLAP Redshift Clusters and more.
This position will be in Analytics Engineering Services team, and in this role you will partner with Box Analytics team(s) to architect and deploy data infrastructure to support Box Analytics Use Cases. Box is in a high-growth phase, and this is a stellar opportunity to grow your career in the Analytics area.
This is a full time position based in our Redwood City Office
- Manage large scale Hadoop cluster environments, including design, capacity planning, cluster setup, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
- Lead troubleshooting on Hadoop technologies including HDFS, MapReduce, YARN, Hive etc
- Partner with Operations and Engineering teams to automate deployment and operation of the Data infrastructure.
- Share an on-call rotation and handle service incidents
- 3+ years of administrator experience on Big Data Hadoop Ecosystem and related technologies (Hadoop, YARN, Hive and/or equivalent technologies).
- Demonstrated programming skills preferably in Python or Java.
- Experience with configuration management software(s) ex: Puppet or Ansible
- AWS and Google Cloud experience a plus.
- Experience in setting up Kerberized Hadoop clusters, a big plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Back to top