Senior Accounting Specialist
The primary function of this position is to effectively execute against policies and procedures which ensure accurate and timely recording of AP (Accounts Payable) and Fixed Assets transactions in accordance with GAAP. In addition, this role collaborates closely with TechOps,IT, and Work Place Services (WPS) teams and works on assigned projects related to the key responsible areas.
- Support our North America AP team on tasks that need to be completed at HQ, including butnot limited to the timely and accurate processing of incoming AP mail, new vendors,invoices, and payment runs.
- Work effectively with other functions to resolve AP issues and support any Coupa inquiriesrelated to AP and Fixed Assets, including SOX PMO and external auditors.
- Resolve purchase order, invoice, and payment discrepancies with internal teams as well asexternal vendors.
- Track and review CIP transactions ensuring proper cut-off both upon arrival and whendeployed into service.
- Collaborate with respective departments on aged CIP items and any items outside of policy,escalate as needed.
- Maintain the fixed asset sub-ledger system (including asset additions, adjustments andretirements) ensuring accurate and complete data for all office locations.
- Month-end close responsibilities include CIP accruals and preparing Fixed Assetreconciliations and journal entries, including appropriate documentation ensuringautomated interfaces to the G/L are functioning as intended.
- Clear reconciling items in a timely manner by identifying and resolving incorrect entries,data anomalies, and exceptions in both the sub-ledger and the General Ledger.
- Assist with data collection and research on month-end variance analyses including P&L andBalance Sheet flux analysis for assigned accounts.
- Monitor work for compliance with proper internal controls and SOX requirements.
- Support process and control environment enhancements to optimize the global AP and FixedAssets process for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Assist with or be responsible for other duties and ad hoc projects, as assigned
- 4-year degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics, or related field.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience preferred
- High-tech multi-national or SaaS based industry experience a plus
- Proficient to Advanced MS Excel skills4. Experience with NetSuite and SOX a plus
- Self-motivated and self-managed with the ability to multi-task and think independently,creatively, and opportunistically
- Overwhelming desire to kick ass and grow with Box
Back to top