Box is hiring a Security Automation Engineer who brings solid networking experience with an enthusiasm for automation and learning. We're looking for someone who is excited to dive into new projects -- who loves permanently fixing problems and working in a very collaborate culture. The Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) provides detection and response all services for Box around the globe. Working closely with engineering, IT, and other security teams you’ll focus on automating, engineering, care and enhancement of our incident response capability for a rapidly growing Hyper-Scale SaaS platform provider.
Why the team needs you
Interesting scale challenges require creative solutions. We will be looking for your creative technical solutions, automation experience, project leadership to deliver creative technology solutions and help guide the team towards success.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. Come help us define a robust way to build, operate and scale the web-services that power this industry-leading mission!
Why you need Box
You'll have the unique opportunity to design build and influence a forward leaning security operations program. As you drive automation and innovative security response solutions to scale our infrastructure, you will get to innovate beyond the classic SIEM/Analyst model to the develop the next generation of security operations at scale. You will have visibility across our security efforts company wide and make a direct impact on the entire business.
Who you are
- Python experience with potentially open source contributions to security or linux sysadmin tools
- General Linux administration skills
- 2+ years demonstrated success working in security operations or development
- Strong analytical, design, engineering, planning and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and reporting skills
- Background in at least 2 of the following domains; security products and technologies; security engineering, networking protocols; security analysis and investigations